[中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”
  J* x0 u. K  N' C% a! H- n
" T" u8 v. U2 J人在德国 社区  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。2 B# e9 W+ ?% U$ n8 n6 y
. l" u4 Y0 W) H( c# k; ?" f
  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。2 N3 }0 t: L  r
7 [' l* b# {% F: n( b
  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。

1 |/ H% k8 b* d5 U  E* |  N; s人在德国 社区2 ^) y4 g& a, `
U.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possible人在德国 社区! F4 v" A. [, O6 B- B6 @

, B' T) f  p  i, m9 ]5 kBEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.
- `1 M$ \- ]3 ?. ~! u+ fcsuchen.de
3 u5 K( J1 q) p1 o3 _However, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.
( a( Z0 J! W! g3 Y- s" r3 [! k
3 q+ Y6 g% w- i# s/ Pcsuchen.de“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said.
' e& }8 c, C8 d+ p# a7 Rcsuchen.de  h" w# U; {& F/ Q
Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military.
& A5 t$ |8 l1 d# m" e
4 g8 L/ C# K9 S5 ]/ s- k+ y人在德国 社区“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.
. ]2 J+ ?) u) m) |
2 m. c" P- B, K1 I; j0 N1 F人在德国 社区Gen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”+ `, |4 i, {- C' u3 Q2 ]
8 c$ x' w, L0 F' Z: ^  @% ]. a
Military exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.
& E  c/ E: U7 p
2 l( t0 z8 n0 ^& V) }0 |During that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.
. q/ l. i/ W' F& V, ?, f/ ?4 Z+ }, }6 L8 Z; }" d2 y. h$ H( @
Gen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.$ M9 C' c( t: R9 m2 {1 [+ m1 O

5 c/ P2 ~1 Q0 ]2 B“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.
9 K/ |3 Q* q7 H4 _; q% ]# ]csuchen.de( y5 {. Q5 r. a! G( Q! b2 R, f
Deep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover.csuchen.de' [4 C# |3 y+ o% N- }# N

5 }" K& H0 t& ^China has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.' W9 Q- y) K! M$ [8 `" W3 ^
" w0 C9 m  p8 w& [" U. k6 F
Asked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”
7 o: ~- `1 n+ E" z9 I0 m+ |
/ Y6 ?) I! e7 J! [+ b+ J/ m" ^人在德国 社区The general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.csuchen.de. @0 C. J) v: w, ^7 ]1 W' s4 {

) O$ z5 I* A0 q5 b, C3 zThe spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces.csuchen.de5 b- \7 G  u4 l8 c

# J+ a) f  e* |9 o人在德国 社区人在德国 社区8 Q( L# f  T# a( s
2 A2 j4 a+ ?# G
csuchen.de2 t( ^1 `: g) A1 {
Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

Pace.jpg (54.9 KB)

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace

Pace.jpg

Share |