海上钢琴师不愿上岸的理由

You just couldn’t see an end to it,The end, please? Would you please just show me where it ends? It was all very fine on that Gangway,And I was glad, too。In my overcoat, I cut quite a figure,And I was getting off Guaranteed,That wasn’t the problem

It wasn’t what I saw that stopped me, Max,It was what I didn’t see,You understand that? What I didn’t see, In all that sprawling city,That was everything except an end,There was no end。What I did not see was where the whole thing came to an end,The end of the world

Take a piano,Keys begin, keys end,You know there are 88 of them,Nobody can tell you any different,They’re not infinite,You are infinite,And on those keys, the music that you can make is infinite,I like that

That I can live by,But you get me up on that Gangway,And you roll them out in front of me,Keyboards have millions of keys,Millions and billions of keys that never end,And that’s the truth, Max,And they never end,That keyboard is infinite,And if that keyboard is infinite,Then on that keyboard, there is no music you can play,You’re sitting on the wrong bench,That’s God’s piano

Christ, did you see the streets? Just the streets, there were thousands of them,How do you do it down there? How do you choose just one? One woman…And a house…One piece of land to call your own, one landscape to look at,One way to die,All that world just weighing down,And you don’t even know where it comes to an end,Aren’t you ever just scared of breaking apart with the thought of it? The enormity of living it?

I was born on this ship,And the world passed me by,But 2,000 people at a time…And their old wish is here,But nevermore than fit between prow and stern,You played out your happiness bit on a piano that was not infinite,I learned to live that way

Land? Land is a ship too big for me,It’s a woman too beautiful,It’s a bridge too long,Perfume too strong,It’s music I don’t know how to make,I can never get off this ship,At best, I didn’t step off my life,After all, I don’t exist for anyone
啥都不怕,就怕瓦落地
Share |

我想是最后一句的原因吧

“Land? Land is a ship too big for me,It’s a woman too beautiful,It’s a bridge too long,Perfume too strong,It’s music I don’t know how to make,I can never get off this ship,At best, I didn’t step off my life,After all, I don’t exist for anyone”

啥都不怕,就怕瓦落地