some delicacies from Malaysia

Although I only left Msia for only one year plus, I have started thinking and missing some foods that I used to enjoy back home, especially Penang foods. Here I would like to share 2 of them with u all:

this one called Rojak or maybe i should say fruit rojak, since some rojak are not made from fruit, but that is another story. basically it is fruits mix with hot, sweet, salty and sour source. for ingredient: http://www.geovision.com.my/malaysia/general/recipes/penrojak.htm

another one is Laksa, specifically Penang Asam Laksa. Laksa is amongst the best known and loved of hawker fare in Penang. A bowl of steamed spaghetti-sized rice vermicelli is first generously garnished with finely sliced vegetables including onions, cucumber, red chillis, pineapple, lettuce, mint and pink bunga kantan (ginger buds). Onto the mixture is poured a steaming hot curry soup that is sour and thick with fish meat. A spoonful of fish paste is provided for those who favour the addition.

thinking of them already make me koushui.gi .
next time if u happen to go to Msia, call me up and i will introduce u to them. rolleyes.g
Share |

君子小人,总在一念思量

by the way, don\\\'t ask me to cook them, back home we just BUY and usually not home made, especially, definately, not this submarine.tongue.gif

我的人生愿望之一就是,吃遍天下美食koushui.gikoushui.gikoushui.gi,楼主你法的当然也不能错过!!
谢谢了!
君子小人,总在一念思量

Originally posted by chinesehejing at 2005-3-5 22:21:
spaghetti-sized rice 是什么样子的?

noodles made from rice, shape like normal chinese yellow noodles but white in colour.

[size=3.5]sehr appetitlich aussehend

[quote]Originally posted by submarine at 2005-3-5 10:22 PM:
by the way, don\\\\\\\'t ask me to cook them, back home we just BUY and usually not home made, especially, definately, not this submarine.tongue.gif [/quote
知道了,真可惜!biggrin.gi
君子小人,总在一念思量

when i started looking up those photos for the foods that i mentioned, suddenly i realized, wow, masia has so many many many tasty emmmmmmmmmmh foods, actually i take them for granted i think. nevermind, will introduce more of them next time. 11.gif

Originally posted by submarine at 2005-3-5 23:01:
when i started looking up those photos for the foods that i mentioned, suddenly i realized, wow, masia has so many many many tasty emmmmmmmmmmh foods, actually i take them for granted i think. neve ...

[size=3.5]yes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gi

f

好啊,期待!
君子小人,总在一念思量