[国际新闻] 美国撤除禁令8月起可带打火机上飞机

美国政府决定从8月4日开始,停止施行已经两年,禁止乘客带普通打火机上飞机的政策。美国运输部认为,在乘客登机前搜索他们身上是否携带打火机,根本是浪费时间。 2001年当鞋子炸弹客芮德意图在从巴黎飞往迈阿密的班机上,用火柴引燃藏在鞋子里的炸弹後,美国政府在国会的坚持之下,终於宣布了禁带打火机上机的命令。csuchen.de; P  L1 s% u5 h
7 j. \" ^; w7 m
Cigarette lighter ban 'a waste of time': US人在德国 社区- D9 H8 L) u- W! F
US authorities will no longer enforce a two-year-old ban against taking cigarette lighters on planes because searching passengers wasted time and did not improve aviation security, the New York Times reports.
- `: ?6 ^2 E; @人在德国 社区1 q6 P0 g4 ~2 b
The ban on lighters was ordered by US lawmakers after a passenger, Richard Reid, tried to ignite a bomb in his shoe in 2001 on a flight from Paris to Miami.6 f) |$ I0 |" ^" H! p8 b
人在德国 社区' J3 C. L+ I8 R) j* t4 p  M- S$ Y; b
Reid, known as the "shoe bomber", had used matches to try to ignite explosives concealed in his shoe and is currently serving a life sentence for trying to blow up the transatlantic flight.
# v% r3 u. |$ P人在德国 社区9 i" _2 v/ [7 @
US authorities have never tried to ban matches from flights.9 w. q9 n% i! z$ ~/ n/ @
人在德国 社区6 I& H# Q$ H/ L9 I$ E7 I8 K: [+ [
US Transport Security Administration assistant secretary Kip Hawley says the ban on lighters did not significantly enhance security because small batteries could be used to detonate a bomb.
; m( Y" P& w$ Z* hMr Hawley says lifting the prohibition will free up security officers to spend more time looking for bombs or bomb parts.
1 q- d! c. d' Z$ r. v0 M1 Tcsuchen.de  _" g1 m+ z4 w5 v/ d6 @
"The number one threat for us is someone trying to bring bomb components through the security check point," he said.
+ @: M6 P5 U$ ]人在德国 社区
4 J1 e7 i% Y  B& F% vcsuchen.de"We don't want anything that distracts concentration from searching for that."
  x  }9 e5 c% v6 l# o; `( qcsuchen.de
8 m6 c( @7 W* N% N0 n% R( u人在德国 社区The policy change is to take effect on August 4 and applies to disposable butane lighters and refillable lighters.
/ C$ V, F  r7 N' {  `( [) F5 ]" e1 e( @# Y' n; d
The New York Times says some 22,000 lighters a day are collected by security officers at airports across the United States and disposing of the confiscated lighters has cost about $US4 million a year.