[国际新闻] 美国撤除禁令8月起可带打火机上飞机

美国政府决定从8月4日开始,停止施行已经两年,禁止乘客带普通打火机上飞机的政策。美国运输部认为,在乘客登机前搜索他们身上是否携带打火机,根本是浪费时间。 2001年当鞋子炸弹客芮德意图在从巴黎飞往迈阿密的班机上,用火柴引燃藏在鞋子里的炸弹後,美国政府在国会的坚持之下,终於宣布了禁带打火机上机的命令。csuchen.de8 N8 Z0 M$ K# J; o
人在德国 社区1 p! u9 o) V9 N8 K( I4 }
Cigarette lighter ban 'a waste of time': US1 `- F5 K# L( ]
US authorities will no longer enforce a two-year-old ban against taking cigarette lighters on planes because searching passengers wasted time and did not improve aviation security, the New York Times reports.( \  d' I. ^' X. W# j

8 k7 S  S$ _* p$ PThe ban on lighters was ordered by US lawmakers after a passenger, Richard Reid, tried to ignite a bomb in his shoe in 2001 on a flight from Paris to Miami.csuchen.de3 O3 f; ?  T" j' b; |

4 Q/ F: r- k/ {8 R3 v- s  ^2 LReid, known as the "shoe bomber", had used matches to try to ignite explosives concealed in his shoe and is currently serving a life sentence for trying to blow up the transatlantic flight.
  X8 F  Q8 X. qcsuchen.de
4 ]5 ]0 G  v& k2 u, l. hcsuchen.deUS authorities have never tried to ban matches from flights.2 U! O1 s0 M3 C5 ~& \6 V
人在德国 社区/ z& L# P' n0 H% v5 L* i
US Transport Security Administration assistant secretary Kip Hawley says the ban on lighters did not significantly enhance security because small batteries could be used to detonate a bomb.人在德国 社区: O( X" k! s7 z" z1 _
Mr Hawley says lifting the prohibition will free up security officers to spend more time looking for bombs or bomb parts.
- G$ Q0 [/ _) `0 D) n+ t9 V- O" Z0 {! U
"The number one threat for us is someone trying to bring bomb components through the security check point," he said.csuchen.de' j$ u- w% a& p9 V
csuchen.de4 @( r  P8 d/ y6 g
"We don't want anything that distracts concentration from searching for that."
; O9 ^5 ?! m, L% Wcsuchen.de! X4 j5 Q" ?0 U) J4 V
The policy change is to take effect on August 4 and applies to disposable butane lighters and refillable lighters./ G/ i& Z$ Z, h+ M8 U9 N$ p
- U9 q0 a% l% {& I, Z& B7 c! K
The New York Times says some 22,000 lighters a day are collected by security officers at airports across the United States and disposing of the confiscated lighters has cost about $US4 million a year.
Share |