[国际新闻] 英国出现新富「Yawns」一族

上世纪80年代,年轻「雅皮士」的标志性动作就是抱著大砖头手机一通狂打,而电影《华尔街》中的人物戈登的台词「贪婪就是美德」更成为这一阶层的宣言;到了90年代,富人们通常狂饮香槟酒,开豪华跑车。不过,时代已经不同了,英国增长迅猛的新富阶层中不少人不再喜欢卖弄露富,他们为人低调,将更多的钱投入到慈善事业。这一代人被称为「Yawns」,在英文中指「年轻而富有,但看起来很平常」。人在德国 社区; C* m1 t) f8 ~
4 v% A1 O# W' n% L- G+ Y8 ~6 v& c
英国富人目前的增长速度超过了工业革命以来任何一个时期。据瑞银集团(UBS)发布的最新数字,那些被称为「富人」的英国人至少拥有17万英镑的投资额,他们中三分之一是白手起家。与此同时,登上英国富人榜的人士也越来越年轻,在过去两年中,有代表性的富有企业家的年龄比以前下降了10岁。3 q0 q* \) {$ T% d! L* \6 A
, H6 b! H3 C' S' n7 I# I( I
与他们的前辈相比,这些新富不再热衷于把钱用在个人消费上。据伦敦经济学院和壳牌公司上周发布的研究显示,目前只有一半的企业家认为赚钱是他们的最高理想。瑞银集团负责英国财产管理的总经理说:「今天的企业家不再卖弄自己。你不必知道他们到底是谁,他们更愿意把钱投入到慈善事业中。」汇丰银行英国分行总经理也表示,「人们正在寻找更有意义的生活方式。他们寻找保留财富的方式,而不是花掉它。」csuchen.de# a: @7 |: f9 f9 K$ b* a( e

3 ]  Q. B. q$ ?* J/ m1 O5 a/ v. ~: ]人在德国 社区新一代「Yawns」最担心的是他们的孩子在成长过程中不能认识到金钱的真正价值。让孩子在18岁时继承大笔财富在「Yawns」中已不常见,他们更乐于将财产进行安全合理的投资。csuchen.de5 w% r- J# c6 J! C9 i
csuchen.de  Z. u% n0 ]' {
来源:北京晚报6月25日消息
人在德国 社区1 M0 D7 D/ V6 _9 p* c

3 `7 |8 o  q& @% f  f! KYoung rich are more Yawn than yuppie
5 P) W5 V& _3 I# O( ~! N# h  k4 `% a9 t% x
In the Eighties, the yuppies brayed into their oversized mobiles and Gordon Gekko declared in the film Wall Street that greed was good. # n' Q$ {9 v7 ~' e
# |- l; F3 i; h3 ]
In the Nineties, Harry Enfield's self-made Brummies boasted that they were "considerably richer than yow", while City high-fliers guzzled magnums of Champagne and dashed around in their flashy sports cars.人在德国 社区# R' ~- @5 k/ f
8 l) Z0 ~0 |: H6 y6 A+ w) G
Now a new generation of the seriously rich has emerged, but with a difference: the ostentation has gone. The new breed is self-made, socially aware, concerned about the planet and gives a lot of money to charity. They are the "Yawns" - young and wealthy but normal.' K3 C* H1 K2 c7 h4 L# {  T

+ |! L& h6 ~2 a& n% H' G, L人在德国 社区Britain has more newly rich people than at any point since the Industrial Revolution, and it's not just down to huge City bonuses and the booming property market.5 p, r0 _+ H& q

- w* d% h6 a) x( k) L1 S- f0 ]Roughly a third of those labelled "rich" - defined as having £170,000 to invest - are self-made businessmen and women, according to new figures from the Swiss bank UBS.
* I& `9 x. K% T( u/ b$ a+ D5 J: U& |. Y2 u) }. b
The number of people earning more than £500,000 has risen by 60 per cent in four years and the combined personal fortune of Britain's entrepreneurs is £350 billion - the annual economic output of Australia or Turkey.人在德国 社区6 {/ C* G5 x# K( s( g

9 i7 O- o8 `" T+ D5 o& z  Xcsuchen.deThe people muscling their way on to Britain's rich lists are also getting younger: the age of the typical rich entrepreneur has dropped by a decade in the past two years.
5 h; B3 m  u& q* x
8 i3 [( F& _) [6 V0 q# JBut unlike many of their predecessors, the Yawns are not blowing their money on self-indulgence. Business leaders all over the UK are following, albeit on a smaller scale, the lead of the Scottish entrepreneur - and billionaire - Sir Tom Hunter, whose Hunter Foundation is reforesting large swathes of Africa.
$ U/ }* b2 u' e% c' g" p4 e! t) g  [/ n: _# M. r
Only 50 per cent of entrepreneurs believe making money is their top priority, according to research from the London School of Economics and Shell released last week.
8 K( `8 w; ^* T
+ h/ ?! `* ~4 A8 v2 q人在德国 社区John Pottage, the chief executive of UK wealth management at UBS, said: "Entrepreneurs today are not ostentatious. You will not necessarily know who they are. They are much more likely to give large sums of money to charity."
# u2 Z* [/ D9 Z( {
/ [4 _- E+ u  |$ x6 Y8 ?Declan Sheehan, the UK chief executive of HSBC -Private Bank, said: "People are looking for ways to be significant.2 }  h8 U1 S" x& j& A
0 U3 L  a8 a. N5 z: t4 q
"They are looking to -preserve their wealth, rather than spend it. And they are often looking to give more of it away to charities or foundations."
3 U/ a, j: Q' b1 J
' ?/ |  C0 a: e: u, N1 yMr Sheehan said that Britain was "in another industrial revolution, driven by technology and the general impact of globalisation. As a result, we are seeing a lot of new wealth being created, more than at any time since the Industrial Revolution."
. }2 \* z( ^9 _7 @. I, [' o9 i9 D& ~/ W
The Yawns are also increasingly concerned that their children will grow up without learning the true value of money. Allowing children to inherit vast sums on their 18th birthdays is no longer fashionable for the rich. Inheritances are being locked away in safe investments or preserved in a charitable trust.
0 v+ j5 Y: O# t6 O$ f' e6 S( I) I0 }& r$ }, A+ L3 h0 P. S& l
While London and the southeast are home to most of Britain's rich, the Yawns are credited with fuelling a number of wealth "hotspots" around the UK.
5 |$ E5 u# z  k, H0 Q人在德国 社区
  k2 _$ O- f4 G" A, s' D, U9 ERegional centres of wealth are popping up in towns such as Solihull, Macclesfield, Harrogate, Kidderminster and Aberdeen, research conducted for HSBC shows.csuchen.de0 Z* G. H" n; o6 o6 S+ G: X8 o

; i  G- ?9 W+ @0 K9 K: o) aMr Pottage added: "Today's technology transcends geography and enables people to grow substantial businesses quickly. That means there are more people who have already made substantial sums of money in their early thirties."
3 l, G& b, Z. i& y0 t人在德国 社区
! g3 q2 a5 W3 @, i! n; m4 }# j) G4 h人在德国 社区The emergence of these rich new entrepreneurs is partly down to the huge growth of private equity groups, the controversial buyout companies that drew the wrath of MPs last week.csuchen.de9 a, ]8 u4 D! q( F0 c, I. \
4 L7 r! C- d" K, N
Private equity groups have been buying small family businesses all over the country, as well as companies with household names such as Boots or the AA. That has made it easier for young entrepreneurs to cash in their chips at an earlier stage.