[中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”
+ B' m2 o4 C( d. u人在德国 社区
' H8 y' n. Q  K- c  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。
) d% K3 \) J) Q2 N/ p
3 A. i  J' h/ b+ A( y- {  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。
! z! `" d5 M2 Qcsuchen.de
/ F0 c6 S2 |" f8 P! u: x  K3 u  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。

4 a0 W8 N$ X& d- l+ Y
2 y- P* I; Z% d# s9 D* kcsuchen.deU.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possible: p. X# _- c0 _
4 P9 [3 |" k& |- w: Z
BEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.
2 ^) Q! E. Y( b% r0 W: @人在德国 社区5 w. B, W, s" W8 r5 k
However, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.: M! {; {! b. m# N! ^! [
* j5 `6 E! x( Y
“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said.
( l! w7 j5 H6 I$ ^csuchen.de+ r, K( R; P( p% C- E- a4 X
Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military.
1 w( P1 O+ G9 y8 W6 }人在德国 社区人在德国 社区( K- k' ?4 n! z* c% }: ~, k
“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.人在德国 社区5 l0 X3 B& M- O+ H* O

: Q6 C, v0 C3 ^, iGen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”
% f' l: U7 ?" t, Y: m  [, X人在德国 社区, f# C0 {2 b' s  g( C& e, D
Military exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.人在德国 社区3 A' H$ z# U  E
# {7 a1 s# G5 y: o$ p; l
During that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.+ o7 C' e" v" _) q( H; d" e, q

4 L" P0 u  o/ [9 ]5 c$ D4 wGen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.
& F$ g% _- D& H6 _4 x' p/ ?csuchen.de
" }% P* t2 n, _3 [8 Q: ^“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.csuchen.de' a: J" [, _, L5 W/ n
* {: k) \0 D# s
Deep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover." W/ Z; S4 a% V4 v  E
9 b% |) G  U7 j% R) ~$ D& U
China has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.$ K4 T/ \9 U3 L4 v, L

K5 Z) E' z! J6 P, \6 H. G2 n5 @% P% aAsked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”
8 r7 u0 B7 A& M* o7 |& d# a2 Z( Icsuchen.de人在德国 社区5 v2 S% Q  Y) m4 v. c- Q  T" C
The general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.
( x' P1 d  F; P- n
" S& q: j  R2 MThe spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces.0 G; t1 h) d# @8 o
5 a5 S, [+ [8 O6 E6 u* r
( E4 I! ?' `. Y4 A$ H6 O6 _

) m- E6 y! @$ a7 m$ o* ?+ l* Z7 C4 d9 A3 h
Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

Pace.jpg (54.9 KB)

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace

Pace.jpg